Free SoftwareI've contributed to the following products/projects to a greater or lesser extent:
Other projects I use and follow, but haven't submitted code to include:
- QuickFIX is a library providing a Financial Information eXchange (FIX) engine for connecting to markets such as NYSE, Euronext and others. In the course of my work at Anvil I provided a number of feature enhancements to version 1.5 which was released in May 2003.
- Automake is a software build tool. I contributed functionality useful for parallel builds of projects using CORBA IDL and other "Built Sources".
- TAO is the "The ACE ORB", an open source CORBA request broker with good standards compliance and performance.
- unixODBC provides database connectivity on UNIX platforms. I contributed portability fixes for HP-UX and Sun Solaris.
- A free C++ version of JDBC v2 over ODBC. This is much easier to use than the ODBC C API. I contributed fixes to storage of binary large objects and managed the 0.2.3 release.
- A fine perl CORBA binding. I provided the test suite and some bug fixes.
- Lots of Java items since I wrote this page... Eclipse, Scala
- The GNU Compiler Collection
- An excellent C and C++ compiler, I'm interested in the C++ implementation from the point of view of features, portabilty and compile time speed.
- JBoss is a excellent free Java J2EE application server. Don't spend any money on websphere before you've give JBoss a try.
- Libtool is an very useful tool to portably build shared libraries.
Plus many more...